Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Twilight

So, thanks to my sister-in-law Christy I have been hooked - -no, obsessed with the Twilight book series. I am quite certain I am one of the last women on earth to read the books, but in case you are clueless as well I HIGHLY recommend them. I have not heard of one person - young or old - who did not enjoy these books. There are three books in the Twilight series, written by Stephenie Meyer each being about 500 pages long (I read them all in about a week - -not that I am proud of that). I had heard several times about how great the books were however, I was still a sceptic and totally unaware of the impact they would have on me. I am going to warn you now that if you start reading these book you will not be able to put them down. You will ignore your family and any normal life you thought you had. Your mind will be consumed by the Cullen family! The good new is that it is 2 days since I finished the books and they are no longer continuously on my mind - -not to say the thoughts are completely gone. Imagine my excitement when I awoke this morning and actually thought about what must be done for the day rather than what the Cullen's are up to.

To my family, I must apologize for the dirty house, unwashed laundry, empty pantry, and below average meals. I promise, I have returned to my old dutiful self and am, once again a responsible mother, wife and friend . . . that is until the 4Th book comes out in August! And to all my friends who called and I didn't answer the phone . . . .I was ignoring you, sorry.

Again, a big sarcastic THANKS to Christy!!!

Visit www.stepheniemeyer.com

7 comments:

Limon de Campo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

(I just deleted a comment above. Sorry--I messed up.)

Anywho, I'm glad I could be of assistance. I guess I won't tell you that I'm preordering the fourth one and taking you to the movie with me.

By the way, feel free to lend them to Jennifer. I think she'll like them too.

P.S. I still think Edward is creepy.

Christy

Allison said...

I LOVE THESE BOOKS! I am totally obsessed as well. I read them in 5 days when Chad went to Pittsburgh with two of the kids for a wedding. Kaleb was much younger and so he slept a lot and I just read for 5 day straight. Oh my. I've read them 3 times now and can't wait for the new one to come out. I don't know if you know or not but she has a lot of extras and outtakes on her website that have more chapters etc. She also has another series coming out. So do you like Edward or Jacob? How could anyone NOT like Edward? He is the man of my dreams. Chad told me that if I want to call him Edward that was fine with him. ;)

Scates Family said...

I have just started the series. With moving my reading time has been delayed. I have been trying to get Georgia (she got me to read them) to tell me what happens, but she won't. Hopefully now that life is settled I will get back to the second book.

Nicole said...

Well my dear friend, Candie, thanks to YOU for getting me all obsessed and consumed with Edward Cullen and his family. I had the first book for two months and never started to read it until Candie told me that I need to start reading it she loved it...so of course I listened to my all wise and knowing friend. NOW LOOK, I almost seriously need therapy. Just kidding, they are fabulous, I can't wait until the next one comes out and maybe the 1st book through Edwards eyes. At least we can all go through it together, a support group.

Sharp Space said...

Hi Candie,

I am just starting to read "New Moon" I can't believe you have already finished all of them. How is everything? We need to get together soon. I love the story of Alex, so funny!!!

heidi larsen said...

cute background! i need to learn how to do it!